We’re looking for an intern!
Venture Capital Analyst Internship in London, UK
Join a team investing in some of Europe’s best technology companies.
TempoCap is a European growth-stage technology investor with offices in London, Berlin and Paris. We have backed some of Europe’s most successful businesses including Onfido, Depop, Talentsoft, CurrencyCloud, CybelAngel, Streetbees, Systancia, Efficient IP and Teads.
For leading technology companies across Europe, TempoCap provides capital to support their growth and / or acquires positions in those companies from existing investors. TempoCap also acquires portfolios of companies from other VCs and corporate VCs, helping them to exit their investments.
We work in an entrepreneurial, fun and fast-paced work environment, investing across a variety of high-growth sectors, including enterprise software, cybersecurity, fintech, consumer internet, digital health, robotics and infrastructure.
Venture Capital Analyst internship
TempoCap is looking for a highly independent and motivated analyst to join our team for a 6 month internship, starting as soon as possible.
- We are seeking candidates from a top-tier university with an outstanding academic record and up to two years of work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ideally one other European language (German or French preferred)
- The full-time position will be based in our London headquarters.
- Have a genuine passion for and knowledge of new technologies and business models
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to develop an investment thesis around companies, industries and competition
- Ability to manage a long list of competing priorities, without compromising on attention to detail
- A recent graduate of either a master’s or an undergraduate programme followed by relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment, ideally in venture capital, private equity, M&A or inside a high-growth technology business
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Great communication skills with an ability to blend complex information and relay it to different audiences in a variety of formats
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal oversight
- Curious, ambitious and willing to take the initiative
- Humility and openness to other people and ideas
- High standards of integrity and the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Work with investment team members on a variety of tasks and learn how TempoCap makes an investment and then supports portfolio companies
- Source and screen new potential investments relevant to TempoCap’s investment strategy
- Perform due diligence on potential investments
- Join investment committee meetings, proactively contributing and communicating your ideas based on in-depth research
- Build financial models for companies and portfolios of companies
- Support portfolio companies on specific projects, and monitor their performance
- Other ad-hoc internal projects to support TempoCap’s continued growth
- Unparalleled exposure for someone early in their career to high-growth technology sectors and to the management teams that are building successful businesses within them
- Ability to gain experience in sourcing, evaluating and closing high-value and complex primary and secondary transactions
- TempoCap’s growing team has an international outlook, a clear common purpose and an informal atmosphere in which everyone has an opportunity to contribute
- The role provides an opportunity to help shape a key component of the developing venture capital ecosystem in Europe
How to apply
Please note all candidates applying for this role should have the right to work in the U.K.
TempoCap celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. While we may ask for certain information during your application in order to monitor the diversity of applications on an aggregate basis, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.